No matter what’s going on, looking to the positive moments is something anyone and everyone benefits from. Be kind to yourself, your mind and your body by finding bits of love and light when needed. We’re sharing a few tips that we hope lift your spirits, and remind you to always seek joy and happiness- no matter the circumstances.
Sometimes, snuggling up on the couch with a good movie or book is just what the soul needs. Here are some of our favorites that we hope will be a ray of sunshine on those cloudy days.
- Julie and Julia
- One of our favorite feel-good films, this comedy-drama will probably inspire you to hit the kitchen afterwards. Bonus points to this movie, ’cause it’s based on a true story.
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Everyone’s talked about this book on Facebook, and for a good reason. This bestseller combines mystery, romance, comedy and fun into 368 pages.
- 13 Going On 30
- You probably loved it when you were 13, and you’ll love it when you’re 30, too. This movie tugs on the heartstrings and is a nostalgia flick that pairs best with rainy Sunday afternoons.
- Home Movies
- There’s nothing quite as sweet as pulling out old home movies and reminiscing on the warmest and happiest family memories. Pop some popcorn, light some candles, grab the family and look back on your favorite times together.
(On The Bright Side Tee $19.99, Blessed Tie Front Tee $17.99, Keep The Faith Tee $19.99)
Staying cool and looking cool- yes, please. A graphic tee with inspirational message is the perfect way to start your day- and who knows, when you’re out and about, perhaps a positive message is just what someone else was looking for.
Look sweet and sip sweet- tea, that is! Brew a pitcher for you and bring a pitcher to someone else, because there’s no better way to share kindness and love than a sweet treat- wouldn’t you agree?
Spreading joy to others is a surefire way to brighten your own spirits. Here are a few ways you can share love and smiles to those who might need some encouragement.
- Deliver care packages to local hospitals, as a simple “thank you” to the doctors and nurses working endlessly to support the community.
- Ask your elderly neighbors if there are any errands they need or other forms of support, as it might be difficult for them to get around during this time.
- A simple word of encouragement- written in chalk on the driveway, a poster on the porch, or a sign in the yard- for all to see as they drive by. You never know who might need to hear some kindness.
We hope these words have made you smile, and inspired you to share love with others around you. We’d love to know some of your feel-good favorites, whether it’s a movie, book, person or thing, so share some love with us in the comments! As always, tag us in your favorite Cato fashion finds at @CatoFashions and #CountonCato.
15 thoughts on “Be The Light: Finding Joy During Difficult Times”
hello i love to bake so i cook stuff like cup cakes ,cookies for some one around me
my granddaughter lives with me we get in the car and ride around ,looking for change of menu ,we also at home make video of us dancing and singing it is so fun i teach her a dance then she teaches me we color a lot sew some and just talk get on the computer and look at clothes and also look for diy projects to do,its better than sitting still .
Hey Cecilia! Thank you for sharing your favorite feel-good moments with us, and how you like to spread love to others. We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed this post!
hey i forgot to tell yall love this new blog keep it up have a great one
Very inspiring ideas we can all do
Love one another!
Well, Hey there Girls! how ya’ll Doin’
What a terrific manner in which, Cato Fashions have embraced these most perilous times.
I love this wonderful attitude that is in this edition.
The ladies at Cato Fashions, Western Branch, Churchland Blvd Virginia truly represent, the company, “By being the Light, in such Darkness”, they work so hard yet keep the memento going. Smiling and attending, and working all at the same time.
Thank you Cato Management and stylist and Assistants, what a pleasure to sign into my Cato Fashion page, and to open a new Blog like this. Excellent work to the editors and and thinkers, that did this for us your customers.
Happy 4 July,
Thank you for these kinds words, Patricia. We so appreciate it, and hope you continue to follow along for more blog posts coming soon!
Love this! The blog is short, sweet and informative. Very uplifting to one’s spirit. Keep the blogs coming!
We’re so happy you’ve enjoyed this post, Pamela, and hope you stay tuned for more to come!
Hey I just wanted to say a great movie to watch at home is frid green tomatoes. And the breakfast Club. Pretty in pink. Just to name a few. I hope you all are staying safe and keeping your mask on when around people and stay 6 feet apart. We will get through this stressful time if we all do are part to stay healthy and safe.
Thanks for the recommendations, Katharine, and thank you for such kind words.
I love watching 90 Day Fiance – it’s a modern day soap opera and always makes me smile. 🙂
Oh, sounds fun, Michelle!
It was so uplifting to open Cato email and find this inspiring Blog, Hope to see more of them. Love the encouraging and positive words, recipes, ideas for sharing with others. The U.S. for making my day a little brighter. Stay safe.😊
We’re so happy to hear this post inspired you, Cheryl! Thank you for such kind words, and for following along.
I love hearing a positive message. My mama always says that you speak things into existence. So you have to speak positive. That aslo includes what I put in my body. Eating, reading, watching, listening are included. Be the light and joy as well as finding it in others. Search it out.