The holidays are approaching, which means the stress of the season is lurking not too far behind. With all of the hustle and bustle going on, you, being the one who makes the magic happen, may find yourself missing out on the holly jolly cheer of this time of year. From last-minute mall trips, to those in-laws that you’re less than excited to see, we’ve got a few tips on how you can really get in the Christmas spirit and take a little R & R time for yourself.
1. Festive Flicks
Nothing says Christmas quite like a feel-good movie. We’ve rounded up a few of our favorites to binge watch this time of year, cuddled up with those you love and a glass of eggnog.
- The Santa Clause Trilogy
- Perfect for the whole family
- Love Actually
- Grab up your girlfriends and make a few cocktails
- Christmas Vacation
- A classic- for everyone over the age of 18
- A Christmas comedy, what could be better?
Take some time and pick out some loungewear that’s just as cute as it is cozy. Matching sets, cozy separates or a fluffy one-piece; no matter what you choose, enjoy the holidays in comfy coziness.
3. We Wish You a Merry Mocktail or Cocktail
Our holidays are made possible with a little holiday spice. This festive sangria cocktail is delicious with or without alcohol, only requires a few ingredients that you might have laying around and is ready to be served in no time.
4. Santa Approved Self-Care
Nothing says “me time” quite like indulging in a few goodies that will make you look and feel amazing. This festive face mask will scrub away any dry, dull winter skin and leave you with a fresh, smooth finish. All-natural ingredients that you probably have lying around the house make this mask an easy “me time” treat that everyone can enjoy.
5. Holly Jolly Family Fun
Grab up your whole crew and enjoy the most wonderful time of the year, together. Here are a few of our favorite activities to enjoy and make magical memories with those you love.
- Gingerbread Houses
- The perfect activity for any age. If your children are younger, let them explore their creative side- plus, who wouldn’t want an excuse to play with their food? If your kids are a little older, a little friendly competition never hurt.
- Elf on A Shelf
- A fun activity you can enjoy with your little ones throughout the Christmas season, Elf on A Shelf is a fun, creative way to get your kids to behave during the holidays, and a way for you to have a little fun with it too. We’ve created a Pinterest board with some creative inspiration that will keep that cheer going throughout the month.
- Christmas Lights
- Whether you head to a light festival or just drive around the neighborhood, looking at lights is a fun, chilled out way to enjoy time with your family. Make some hot chocolate, pop some popcorn and load into the car and enjoy a new favorite tradition.
- Give Back
- ‘Tis the season to give and to get. Show your children the importance and happiness that comes from giving to those in need by choosing a cause, organization or group to help out or donate to this holiday. Not only is it a great way to bond with your family, but it also implements the importance of charity and giving back.
We hope you’ve learned a few tips, tricks and how-to’s on ways to survive and thrive this holiday season. Let us know in the comments below your favorite holiday tradition, and how you like to relax during this not-so-relaxing time of year. As always, share your Cato fashion finds at #CountonCato on Instagram and Facebook. Happy Holidays, y’all!