September: when you’re craving bonfire nights, football games and tailgating with your friends, and of course, pumpkin spice everything. Depending on where you live, it’s probably a bit too early to bust out the scarves, sweater dresses and over the knee boots, but you’re so tired of wearing sundresses and strappy sandals. So how exactly do you dress when it’s sweater weather in the morning, but shorts and tanks temperature by the time you leave the office?
Transitional outfitting will incorporate your favorite summer pieces while adding in heavier layers, darker tones and bolder statements. So before you pack away all of your warm-weather staples and move on to your heavier items, here’s a how-to on ways to still make your favorite pieces work this month.
- One of summer’s hottest trends is still on fire while moving into the fall. Smooth satin fabrications, pretty pleats and effortless silhouettes are perfect for all year.
- Add a chunky knit, cropped sweater with a contrasting midi skirt for a feminine and sweet statement.
- Booties and simple accessories will add those finishing touches that will pull this work to play look together, perfectly.
- Who doesn’t want to look cute while being comfy? T-shirt dresses offer you cool comfort without too much thought when getting ready in the morning.
- A soft knit cardigan layers with ease, and is perfect for throwing on and off when the weather just can’t seem to make up its mind.
- Natural inspired accessories, like leather belts to accentuate your figure and chunky, heeled booties are the perfect cool-weather shoes of choice.
Lace Trim Poet Top $21.99, Triple Layered Tassel Necklace $3.99, Plaid Patch Girlfriend Jeans $27.99, Plus Size Plaid Patch Girlfriend Jeans $29.99, Snakeskin Textured Mules $29.99, Buckle Strap Panama Hat (in Wine) $13.99
- Lace and crochet are the perfect summer textures, offering beautiful silhouettes while keeping you cool under the September sun.
- Adding some edge with distressed denim will convey that fall flair, and mules add a vintage vibe that we all embrace during this season.
- Top off your look with a felt hat, perfect for those days when dry shampoo just isn’t quite cutting it.
Buckle Strap Panama Hat (only available in Wine online) $13.99, Faux Leather Pointy Toe Booties $29.99, Skimmer Button Cardigan $24.99, Lock Metal Handle Satchel $34.99, Leopard Faux Fur Jacket $32.99
Here are a few must-haves that you can use to build any look for a seasonally-chic outfit of the day and to easily transition in to those cooler months.
- Faux fur
- Faux leather
- Lightweight sweaters
- Hats and hair accessories
- Textured fabrications
- Contrasting pieces
- Distressed + feminine, knits + satins, neutrals + brights
So get your closet ready for in between the seasons with these easy to follow tips and tricks that are trendy while still keeping up with this in-between time. Let us know which trend you plan on incorporating this month, and what you’re looking forward to most this season. As always, be sure to tag us in your fall fashion finds @catofashions and show us how you are #CatoConfident.