Birds are singing, sun is shining & we are ready for those front porch summer nights. What better way to kick off the season than with a backyard bbq? Catching up with friends, eating good food and enjoying the warm summer breeze we love. But of course, when hosting one of these events there are a few things to consider. What should I wear? And what to cook? Well, we have answers for you…
What to Wear:
Whenever you are hosting an event and having friends over you want to make sure you look and feel your best. We have the perfect summer styles that will not only bring the “WOW” factor, but are easy on the wallet, too. Here are a few options for that “hostess with the mostest”:
- Achieve this casual, girl-next-door style with our striped tie tank and red french terry shorts. Slip on some shades and a pair of white slides for a wonderful, weekend-ready look that’s easy to love.
- A great tie dye look is always a timeless favorite and our knit t-shirt dress is no exception with its classic scoop neckline and casual, stretch fit. A pair of sandals in a nice, neutral tone is always a great choice for a more comfortable feel.
- Look amazing in this lightweight printed top, featuring a delicate mesh overlay and convertible on the shoulder or off the shoulder neckline. Throw on a pair of white skinny jeans and coordinating earrings for an overall look you’re sure to love.
What to Cook:
Honey Soy Chicken Kebabs-
- 1.5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour over chicken or pork. Marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
This recipe is perfect because it is so easy to prepare/make so you won’t have to be in the kitchen the whole time your guests are over. If you’re really feeling adventurous you can also make a delicious peach lemonade to go with it.
- 1- pound package frozen peaches
- 12- ounce can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 36 ounces water (fill the lemonade cup up three times)
- 1/2 cup good quality vodka (optional)
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth
Serve over ice
That’s it! You are all set to host the perfect backyard bbq for you and all your friends and family. They will be so impressed by not only your delicious food & drinks, but also your gorgeous put-together look. Summertime is here and we are ready to sit back and enjoy all it has to offer. Be sure to let us know if you try either of these recipes. Also, don’t forget to tag us in your summertime Cato style by tagging us @CatoFashions and using the hashtag: #CaptureItCato!