It’s that time of year when we are counting down the days until we are in full vacation mode and cruisin’ just happens to be a favorite choice this time of year. What better way to spend your days than laying out by the pool, going on excursions to tropical places, dinner on the ship and nighttime entertainment. But with all the fun and different activities, deciding what to pack can often be a struggle. So, to help get you started, we’ve got some tips on how to pack and what to wear in order to make this experience the best it can be!
Tip #1: Pack Creatively
- Space on cruises is limited, so the more you can wear something, the better it is for your suitcase. Accessories can change an outfit, effortlessly. With that said, packing one to two formal dresses for dinner and bringing different accessories to change the style, is key. Accessories don’t take up much space and can truly transform a look. This dress is great for a nice dinner on your cruise, paired with nude heels and subtle jewelry. By adding this cardigan and some more vibrant jewelry you change the look and have another outfit ready to go!
- Consider bringing one pair of pants that go with a variety of tops. This is a perfect way to make the most out of the clothes you pack. For example, you can bring these cropped white jeans, with their flattering stretch fit, classic bright hue and buttery-soft feel – they are perfect for your vacation. By adding a few different tops, one pair of pants actually becomes a variety of looks.
Tip #2: Pack A Foldable Bag
- When you are out exploring you may see something you just HAVE to have but worry if it will fit in your suitcase. Having an extra bag is great for those souvenirs along the way and small enough so it doesn’t take up a ton of room.
Tip #3: Plan Your Outfits
- This is SO important! Before you even bring out your suitcase, it is essential to think through what outfits you need/want to wear. If you know you have to or want to dress up on the cruise every night, take the time to think through some different options. If you go ahead and plan your outfit out, you’ll pack more efficiently and effectively. Here are three looks that will have you ready to board your cruise in style:
Outfit 1: Day time cruise wear.
Outfit 2: Afternoon exploring.
- Whether you’re exploring the Caribbean or Bahamas make sure you arrive in style. With a smocked on or off the shoulder design, amazing floral print and pretty ruffled sleeves you’ll be looking top-notch look. Paired with a comfy pair of bermuda shorts and breathable sandal, you’ll be ready to take on just about any excursion.
Outfit 3: Dinner on the cruise ship.
Overall, the best rule of thumb is to think before you pack. If you plan out your outfits before, you won’t have to stress about what you’re going to wear when you’re on vacation. Also, if you’re worried you don’t have enough outfits for your upcoming adventure, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! Bon Voyage! Be sure to capture your Cato style and tag us: @catofashions and use the hashtag: #CaptureItCato!