It’s time to say hello to March, leprechauns and if you’re lucky, that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. That’s right, your lucky day is on the way! St. Patty’s day is right around the corner, and whether you’re Irish or not, going green is a must – if you don’t want to get pinched, that is. So, in order to prep you for this fun holiday, we’ve got a few tricks to share.
Going Out With Friends
Since St. Patrick’s Day falls on a Sunday, some might celebrate then or the Saturday before. Either way, you want to make sure you are celebrating in style & of course wearing green! These dressier looks will help you feel festive and fabulous for wherever the day or night may take you.
- Green Ruffled Top: This top is perfect to pair with white jeans. It is lightweight, has trendy ruffle sleeves, and features a green stripe print.
- Pleated Bell Sleeve Dress: This dress is just what you need for a night out on the town. You can dress it up with a pair of heels and add some coordinating jewelry for a little shine.
Be Festive in the Office
Maybe your job requires you to work weekends or your office is having a festive happy hour for the occasion. Whichever your situation is, we have the outfit for you.
Green Slim Ankle Pants: Not only are these pants the most beautiful shade of green, they are also extremely comfortable. No need to worry about not feeling festive this year, these pants are just what you need to style your St. Patrick’s Day work look.
Classic Green Cardigan: Go for that perfect layered look in our soft, classic green cardigan. This cardigan is a must-have in your wardrobe not only for this occasion but for a pop of color in your work style.
There truly is nothing better than spending quality time with your family. What better opportunity to spend the day making memories and trying some yummy Irish recipes.
Lace Up Grommet Sleeve Top: Take your casual look up a notch with this lace-up sleeve top. This comfy, super soft knit top is just what you need to make sure you walk into your family gathering looking and feeling your best.
Whatever your plans may be, there’s nothing better than some homemade treats. St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect time to try out all the delicious Irish recipes, like our favorite – Irish Soda bread. This yummy recipe is one to try, share and enjoy!
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
- Irish soda bread often has raisins or dried currants in it, so feel free to add that if you’d like
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually stir in the buttermilk until the dough comes together in a slightly sticky ball.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead gently a few times. Form the dough into a ball and then press into the prepared pan so that the dough resembles a large disk. The dough should reach the edges of the pan, but may spring back slightly.
- Cut an X into the dough with a sharp knife, about 1/4 of an inch deep. Cover the pan of dough with another round cake pan turned upside down.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, covered, then remove the top pan and bake uncovered for about 10 minutes more or until the crust is dark golden brown.